Salthouse village green and post office stores

The village green and post offices stores c 1956

post office corner 1930-40
The same view from the west.
This was surely taken on the same day - it looks like the same car!

 


The famous Rocket House is just visible extreme left, on the sky-line.

The village green 1940-1950. The famous Cookies crab shop and restaurant, on the left of the houses, was mainly a bait shop in those days. The post office stores had a petrol pump outside, and a small cafe inside - otherwise not much has changed and the view today is nearly the same.  

back to the map

Val Fiddian 2005