The Priest's Door ~ newly opened and replaced

It is mystifying to read in Mrs Matthews' Commonplace book that the door was 'opened out' in 1934 - yet not to be able to find any account of it having been previously blocked up, nor any mention of its re-blocking up sometime during the years between 1934 and 2010 . . .

Evidence of the Priest's Door in the past
              from Churchwarden Mrs R A Matthews' commonplace book:

1920 ~ Appeal for help in Restoration

see also List of early church restoration

Back to SALTHOUSE HISTORY News Page